Saturday 8 June 2013

Crash Course in Party Planning

Hello my lovelies,
So as some of you may know I recently turned 16!
In England turning 16 isn't too bigga deal but I thought it might be nice to have a little party with some of my favoruite girls.
I decided I would blog about it because some of you might be looking for ideas of what to do for a party your having and this might give you some ideas. So get your notebook and pen out for a crash course in party planning.

Step number 1:
Decide what kind of party you want and who will be there. Will it be all guys, all girls, a big or small party, a garden party a BBQ? Once you have made your decision stick to it! I decided I wanted a garden party with all girls and to have a BBQ while we were there.

Step number 2:
Make a list of people you want to be there. Inviting people to partied is not as straight forward as people think, if she has fallen out with her to invite both would be disastrous! After making your list send out invitations. I made mine on facebook as an invite only page so people got the subtle hint not to invite anyone else. If you don't mind other people coming you can choose a different setting.

Step number 3:
Look at the area and space you have for your party and think about how you want to set it out and what you actually want there, think pratical but pretty. I chose to have a gazebo incase it rained and to keep the food in the shade, a fire pit for at night when it was a bit chilly (and so we could roast marshmallows I know but I'm a girl). I also lay out blankets, pillows and chairs so people could be comfy and warm. Also throw some fairy lights and balloons into the mix ;)

Step number 4:
This is the second most important step. Decide what food you want. When I say food I don't mean burgers or sausages (althought this is important and make sure to have a veggie option!)... I mean chocolate fountain or chocolate cake cupcakes or fruit salad. As I had a load of lovely ladies at my house I chose to have a chocolate fountain and cupcakes, but I gave them fruit to dip in the chocolate so they didn't feel too guilty, you have to think about everyones needs when deciding about food.

Step number 5:
This, I think, is the most important one. Set it out the night before so your not too stressed on the day. Wrap your fairy lights around the trees and set them up to twinkle right on cue, blow up your balloons and scatter them around the garden (if you want something extra special get white balloons and different coloured glow sticks. Snap the glow sticks but them inside the balloons and blow them up as normal. This makes the balloons glow different colours... Pretty cool right?). Also by setting up early if people arrive earlier then you are ready for them!

Step number 6:
Make sure you have your perfect party playlist. Have a range of songs, things that are in the charts right now and old classics that everyone will love. Have songs that your friends would love to sing and dance to even if they hate it when they're by themselves. I had 100 songs on my playlist but you do NOT need that many, I think I just got too into it.

Step number 7:
Remind people! People always forget about things even events like a party. If you don't want to seem to forward and say " Hey guys remember its my party tonight you all had better be there" to which they could react... 'rude?',' I do not want to be near her' etc. tweet or write a status saying 'OMG!!! I'm soo super excited for tonight!' this way they will all be like 'awww I remember', 'better get ready' etc.

Step number 8:
Be firm in your decisions. If someone asks you if someone else can come and you do not want them at your party say 'no'. One less person there will not affect you as much as having someone there whom you do not like!

Step number 9:
Don't shun your parents on the night. Let them help, be involved, they let you throw this party anyway. I let them and they got bored and went inside and only came out to help with food. This is a great way to say thankyou to them and lets you know your proud of them. But if your dad starts pulling out the baby photos you have permission to lock him away.

Step number 10:
ENJOY YOURSELF! This is your night. Don't let anything or anyone spoil it put your phone away and just dance, sing out of tune, let your hair down and enjoy what should be a very memorable night.

I hope this has helped here are some pictures of the night 
This is what it looked like by day.



This is what it looked like by night (aren't the fairy lights gorgeous?!)
We roasted marchmallows over a wood burning fire pit. It was so lovely!
These are my friends and little sister looking beautiful! 
Here they are looking a bit strange. Nothing like a bit of gravity posing.

I hope this has helped atleast one of you and that if not you have atleasted enjoyed reading it.
I hope you are all having a lovely week.
much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment