Saturday 1 March 2014

Hello my lovelies,
Today this post is a little different so I'm sorry if you don't like it but I wanted to be honest with you guys. I know that a few of you aren't in college yet so here is what to expect about college it is the most honest truth I could give you about college/sixth form. So please bare with me. It won't all be negative I promise.
Here are my points in summary.
1. Don't be afraid.
2. Study what you enjoy.
3. Only your final grades matter.
4. So just work hard.
5. Don't worry about how you look. (You look great anyway)
6. If you act like an idiot you will be slapped. Grow up, everyone else does.
Here they are in detail.
1. The first week of college you have 3 kinds of people.
1. The ones who are overly confident and annoying.
2. The ones that are literally two hellos away from pooping their pants.
3. The ones who are keeping their heads down and acting like it was just a normal day.
My advice be number 3. Don't be afraid but don't be over confident. If you are over confident you will intimidate people and if you're afraid you will feel even worse the next week. Even though things are so different just try to act like they're the same or pretty normal, this keeps you calm and will help you feel more comfortable in the surroundings you are in.

2. So depending on where you go you will study 3-5 subjects roughly. Make sure you like them because you need as much enthusiasm as possible to get you through the year and if you hate what you're studying, your grades will show it. By the end of the year you will hate the subject anyway because you are probably going to experience at least 2-3 horrible things to do with each subject. (I'm sorry but it's true)

3. Thirdly don't be afraid of your grades. Through the year you will get given grades and in some subjects you will go home and cry because your grades are so low. My advice for this is not to worry. I do not mean don't try and just doss around doing nothing, I mean don't cry over something not in your control and that is not as bad as it seems. An example of this happened just this week, I study photography and one of my teachers told me my work grade was a U (that is horrific!) but then I thought about it, she hadn't seen my pictures and she was in a awful mood. Please do not worry about these sorts of comments. I'm in fact working at a B so that just shows how much she was wrong. 

4. Work for your deadlines! Work in bulk. Work steadily, Plan, Don't plan. Just work! There is nothing worse than getting to the night before your deadline and staying up until 3am trying to finish a 3000 word essay for a book you haven't even read. I have done this about 4 times. (I don't recommend it you look dreadful the next day).
5. Don't worry about how you dress. You look gorgeous anyway. Be comfortable and stylish. Go a day without make-up and wear sweatpants. Whatever you wear someone will always look better than you BUT someone will always look worse. There are only two things that are a must, wash every morning (otherwise it's not pleasant for anyone) and try perfume or body spray have one on you at all times also have hand sanitizer it is an all time life safer you won't even believe!
6. Lastly. Everyone grows up at college. No matter how horrific your time in school was, you get a shock at college. People want to work and want to do their best. If you act like an idiot, trust me when I say, it will be slapped out of you by the end of the first term. 
I hope this helps you and gives you some honest advice for college. Honestly I do not regret going. It is hard work but you will make so many amazing friends that help you through your time there. 
Don't give up. Don't worry and Don't be afraid.
I hope you're all having a fabulous week!
Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment